Windows 10 offers a slew of new features, one of which is Virtual Desktops. To get started, try the following:
- WinKey + CTRL + D – Creates a new Virtual Desktop
- WinKey + CTRL + Left or Right arrows – Moves between Virtual Desktops
Many of us do a fair amount of demoing on stage where moving between Visual Studio and PowerPoint (usually full screened) is necessary. For this scenario ALT+Tab isn’t always the best option. However, virtual desktops seems to be great for this scenario. Try it out:
- Open Visual Studio
- Then, press WinKey + CTRL + D to create a new virtual desktop.
- Open PowerPoint on this new virtual desktop and start the slide show in full screen.
- Now toggle between your code and the presentation using WinKey + CTRL + Left and Right arrow.